Choosing the birth control method can be a hard decision for anyone. Birth control plays an important role in reproductive healthcare if you’re planning to start your family or delay pregnancy for some reason. It allows you to make decisions about your body. With a wide range of contraceptive methods, it is important to know which one is right for you. Knowing the options that are the best for you along with the benefits and side effects of the different birth control methods can help you pick the birth control method that’s right for you.
In this complete guide, we will discuss the various birth-control methods to help you make an informed decision about the right contraception for you. Keep reading this blog post to know about the different types of birth control methods and important factors for choosing the right birth control method as per your need.
Types of Birth Control Methods
- Hormonal Methods: Hormonal methods prevent ovulation or thicken the cervical mucus to help stop sperm from reaching the egg. Hormonal methods include:
- Birth Control Pills: The birth control pills are highly effective and used daily as directed.
- Birth Control Patch: Apply the birth control patch to the skin and replace them weekly.
- Birth Control Shot: Take shot of birth control injection every three months.
- Birth Control Implant: The birth control implant is a small and flexible rod that doctor insert under the skin to protect for up to 3 years.
- Vaginal Ring: The vaginal ring is a hormonal birth control method that is inserted into the vagina to prevent pregnancy.
- Barrier Methods: Barrier methods work by physically obstructing sperm from reaching the egg. These methods include condoms, diaphragms, cervical caps, and sponges. The barrier methods are a popular choice among sexually active individuals as they protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Natural Methods: Natural methods (calendar method) involve tracking your menstrual cycle to determine your fertile days. These methods include the fertility awareness method (FAM) and withdrawal. These methods require diligent tracking and are more suitable for individuals with regular menstrual cycles.
- Permanent Birth Control Methods: Permanent birth control methods are surgical procedures that are used to prevent pregnancy. These methods include vasectomy for men and tubal ligation for women.
- Intrauterine Devices (IUDs): Intrauterine Devices (IUDs) are small, T-shaped devices that are inserted into the uterus. There are two types of IUD i.e hormonal and non-hormonal. These devices protect against pregnancy for the long term.
Factors to Consider
Choosing birth control method, please consider the factors:
- Effectiveness: The effectiveness of all birth control methods is different. Some methods, such as the implant and IUD, are highly effective, while others, such as condoms and emergency contraceptive pills, are less effective if not used properly.
- Side effects: Some birth control methods pose side effects i.e mood swings, weight gain, and headaches. it is important to discuss with your gynecologist about the possible side effects of birth control method
- Convenience: Some birth control methods are more suitable than others. For example, You need to take hormone pills on daily basis while the implant can last for several years.
- Cost: The cost of the birth control method varies depending on which method you choose.
- Lifestyle: Your lifestyle can also influence which birth control method is right for you. It is important to consult the gynecologist about the most suitable birth control method for you according to your lifestyle.
How to Choose the Right Birth Control Method?
The best way to choose the right birth control method for you is to consult the best gynaecologists in Gurgaon. By discussing your medical history, pre-existing medical conditions, and current medications, you can help your gynecologist guide you regarding the different birth control methods, the risks and benefits of each, and the best birth control method for you as per your individual needs and lifestyle.
Individuals choose birth control methods for several reasons. There are several birth control methods available. The suitability of birth control method varies from person to person because some birth control methods has non-contraceptive benefits. It is important to consider both contraceptive and non-contraceptive benefits. To make a decision about the birth control method, it’s essential for everyone planning for birth control to consult with a gynecologist near you to discuss your individual needs, medical history, and lifestyle.
To start birth control methods or have any question regarding the same, Miracles Apollo Cradle is here to help you. Feel free to contact us and schedule your appointment with our experts. The hospital has a team of experienced and qualified gynecologists in Gurgaon, who are experts in reproductive health. They will help you find the safe, effective, and convenient method for you. They have a deep understanding of the various birth control methods available and can help you choose the best option for your individual needs.