What is a Web Development Framework?
Web frameworks create flexible sites with wide possibilities for modernization and expansion of functionality due to the integration of additional applications in the future. The standard architecture of the framework is based on three layers:
- Model. Responsible for the establishment of the structure, business logic rules.
- Show. Its main function is the graphical display of data.
- controller. It implements communication with users, converting information coming from them into commands for the two previous layers.
Frameworks allow you to build web application development in quickly, easily, and efficiently, and use ready-made code snippets, eliminating the need to write them from scratch.The choice of framework from all variations depends on the needs of a particular project. Here are the advantages of this approach:
- high speed of developing applications;
- the possibility of continuous product evolution by integrating new extensions into the structure;
- simple and convenient servicing;
- maximum security of data storage;
- the use of the framework for the site provides it with quick response, the ability to withstand significant loads.
Depending on the specifics of the tasks they can solve, three categories can be distinguished:
- Backend . They work exclusively on the server side. They focus on performing individual functions related to storage, data protection and ensuring vital processes. With their help, you can create a simple website with a rather limited interface. Famous backend frameworks: Django, Express.js, Symfony.
- front end . They are not related to application logic, as they work directly in the browser. They are designed to create user interfaces with various graphics and animations. Example: Svelte, Angular.
- Full stack . A versatile tool that works efficiently on both sides. Their uniqueness is that they use the same programming language for the server and client parts. Therefore, the parties exchange the full stack when the backend and frontend frameworks pass the HTML code between them.Example: Meteors.
Types of Frameworks by Programming Language
Other classifications are made according to the programming language used. Several categories have their own characteristics. Please note, we will not consider JS frameworks, because for their review, a separate article is required.
1) The best PHP framework
They include the following products:
- Inexperienced developers often recommend Yii as a fairly easy to use tool. Despite its considerable age, it constantly updates and provides users with advanced functionality such as caching, error handling, and database transfer.
- Symfony is a web product designed for building large-scale yet flexible sites. In its arsenal, there are many components, templates, forms for reusable use, which greatly simplify the implementation of routine tasks.
- Phalcon PHP is open source.It can combine with almost any operating system, making it versatile in use. It offers increased performance compared to analogues, and you can install the platform even on your server.
- Laravel is the most popular PHP framework according to many surveys. It also has open source code, which contributes to fast updates and upgrades. Thanks to the implementation of the automatic class loading function, effective database management, it allows you to implement large-scale projects as quickly as possible.
2) Well-known HTML / CSS framework
They include the following:
- Bootstrap is one of the leaders in this segment, which has existed since 2011. The most important plus is the availability of an adaptive layout, which allows the site to adapt to the screen size of any gadget. Bootstrap uses a large number of templates and styles, making the implementation of development and support quite simple.
- The Foundation framework is an effective front-end tool. Creating mobile apps is great because it is adapted to the latest smartphones.
- Uikit has a lightweight modular structure that facilitates the web application development company process. It includes around 30 highly adaptable components. The markdown function is its main advantage, which allows you to view the site pages being created during revision.
3) Most popular Python framework
- Pumpkin. It has a minimal set of basic functions, but a high degree of flexibility and extensibility. On this platform, you can create truly exclusive web products tailored to customer needs. It is in demand among beginners in development due to its simple functionality.
- Django. Equipped with its own administration system.The ease of writing code differs because you do not have to enter repeating lines manually. The system generates them automatically.
- Hurricane. The main advantage of this tool is the highest performance, the ability to withstand significant loads (up to several thousand simultaneous connections) with a high response rate. Ideal for developing online services.
To implement large projects in 2023, it is worth paying special attention to the choice of a suitable framework, because not every platform has the necessary functionality to solve complex problems.
Regardless of whether the web studio uses Python, HTML/CSS or PHP frameworks, it is important to understand that these products are highly effective, but work correctly only when there is a team of competent IT specialists who can fully realize all of their capabilities. . A competent approach will allow you to choose the framework that will fully meet your needs.